Thursday, August 9, 2012

Im a Big kid Now

Grape koolaid and chicken nuggest. That is what i ate so often when i was growing up, so i decided to eat that yesterday to make me feel like a little girl again.

It is funny how all you ever want when you are a kiddo is to grow up. You try to wear things that your mom does, or you try to act like your older sisiter. You (or at least me) would sit at the "grown up table" on sunday's at family dinner and would just soak in every word that the aunts and uncles would say- and not play with your cousins out side cause that is what little girls do. I was a lady. I knew it. And of course when you turn the ripe old age of six you NEED to drive, so your parents get you one of those little cars, just for kids. You feel so grown up going three miles an hour down the street. And of course while you are playing house, in the car, you are obviously using the car to go to work- so you set up a lemonade stand to bring in the big bucks and then with ALL your money, you go back home in your "big girl car" and surprise your honeys with a trip to disney land! haha if only that were the real world right? i mean really... But it is so funny how when you are little you just want to have all of those things. What a lovely time in life. It is a blast to go down memory lane and remember all the silly things you did...

The other funny thing is that I think i am doing things in reverse order. You always want what you cant have right? well, recently i have found myself going back to the simplicity of that. It is just so for lack of better words, simple. And wonderful. I have found myself going back to chicken nuggest and chocolate milk or koolaid. I drink out of the little colored cups too. No need for glass. I find myself not wanting to drive, i have just done it soooo much these last couple weeks... At sunday dinners i ditch the grown up table where i have a reserved seat to play with my cousins. Of course the ties are severed with the ones my age, but the little ones think i am fun. And i may or may not have run through the sprinklers once or twice this summer and gone on a slip and slide or two. I have flown kites, played tag, played barbies, swung on swings, rode my bake with NO hands, and even ate popcicles outside on the grass in my bathing suit.

I love it. Embracing the kid again.

But I think there is something to be said for living in both the past and the present. This life is one HUGE balancing act. One of how to say that or this. One of when to do that and when not to. One of silly things and serious ones.

But i think that even though i have a big kid job, and an actual income, and that i have moved out and am playing my own version of house- that it is important to remember the simple things that childhood brought.

Remembering that even though i am a big kid now, that it is okay to have little kid fun, and that balancing the two lives just right, makes this life so very enjoyable.

Something lovely #35: Being a kid again.

Something lovely #36: (you guessed it) Chicken nuggest and grape koolaid.

Kids and swings. cuties.
(yes, it goes with the post.)

Life is good it is simply loverly. Really it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment